New Household Hazardous Event Procedures



The public can register through our webpage:

There is also a slide show on that webpage that answers many questions about our events.

We have four more events planned in 2022, in May (Pottstown), June (Coatesville), August (Lower Oxford)
and October (West Chester).

Registration is REQUIRED for all HHW events, and registration takes place ONLINE only at:

Registrations will begin about a month before each event, so check the web page.


Job openings for other municipalities

No Plastic Bags, No Pizza Boxes

Beginning the week of October 19th, we will begin to reject improperly presented recyclables to avoid possible new charges from SECCRA if we do not keep our stream of recycling materials clean. We need everybody’s help to accomplish this.

No Plastic Bags
SECCRA, where the recyclables we collect are processed, will no longer accept recycling in plastic bags — no trash bags or retailer bags. These bags clog the processing machines and are THE number one contaiminate in the recycling process. Single use retailer bags should be saved and recycled at your retailer of choice. Giant and Lowe’s both have collection boxes at their entrances.

No Pizza Boxes
SECCRA will not accept pizza boxes.




Alzheimer Support is a free service that assists West Grove families who have loved ones with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Through our free search tool and database of Alzheimer’s care facilities, families in need of care for their loved ones can locate licensed care homes and communities in the West Grove area that are best equipped to provide care for their loved ones. Please click on the below link to access our website:

Low-income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP)

Water Assistance Program/LIHWAP
Applications are now being accepted for the Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP).
The Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) is a temporary emergency program to help low-income families pay overdue water bills. LIHWAP is a grant. You do not have to repay it.
LIHWAP crisis grants may be available if you have an emergency situation and are in jeopardy of losing your water service. You can receive one crisis grant for your drinking water service and one crisis grant for your wastewater service, up to $2,500 each. Crisis situations include:
• Past-due water bills.
• Termination of utility service.
• Danger of having utility service terminated (received a notice that service will be shut off within the next 60 days).
How to Apply
• Online:
• Paper: You can download a paper application, print it, fill it out, and return it to your local county assistance office.
• LIHWAP Paper Application — English (PDF)
• LIHWAP Paper Application — Spanish (PDF)
• Phone: Request an application by calling the Statewide Customer Service Center at 877-395-8930 or call PA Relay at 711 for the hearing impaired.
• In-Person: Applications are available at your local county assistance office.
You will need:
• Names of people in your household;
• Dates of birth for all household members;
• Social Security numbers for all household members;
• Proof of income for all household members; and
• A recent water bill.
After your application is processed, you will receive a written notice that will tell you if you qualify. If eligible, it will tell you the amount of your grant.
You may qualify for a LIHWAP grant if:
• You either rent or own your home.
• You have an overdue water bill that you are responsible for paying.
• Your household income meets the following income guidelines:
Income Requirements
Household Size Income Limit
1 $19,320
2 $26,130
3 $32,940
4 $39,750
5 $46,560
6 $53,370
7 $60,180
8 $66,990
9 $73,800
10 $80,610
For every additional person, add $6,810
Translate »